We love this versatile Jacket - Short cut with a mix of traditional and urban styling, its an all-rounder.
2020 sees a big upgrades for the range including Merlin's choice of fabric - Cotec. This new fabric Cotec has a soft, slightly oily/damp handle with a modern matt appearance, unlike their previous jackets which were great, they sometimes got a too oily, leaving residue across bikes and visors. However, the cloth maintains a clean, uniform appearance with less transference of the proofing oil. This unique fabric is a mix, providing a lighter weight solution, with even higher grade abrasion resistance.
These new Cotec garments also come with the newly licensed to Merlin, D30 impact protectors pre-fitted to shoulders and elbows. Merlin has chosen the latest LP1 D30 armour which has a highly ventilated construction, CE level 1 certification inclusive of the optional high and low temperature tests as well as the signature D30 flexibility that hardens on impact.
Keeping you warm in the winter, the jacket comes with a removable Outlast thermal liner which isn't too bulky, easy to remove and easy to pack on trips. The liner also features Nasa approved Phase Change Material to absorb and regulate body heat. The waterproof breathable membrane within the jacket will keep you dry, so no need to pack bulky waterproofs. Although it's a short jacket, there is an extended panel at the back to prevent it from being too short. The ergonomics of this jacket also mean that it works well with many riding positions and the arms, waist and cuffs are adjustable.
It really is a fab allrounder.
- Halley Stevensons 8oz Cotec fabric
- Reissa Active waterproof/breathable membrane
- Marton Mills Scottish tartan panels
- Removable Outlast climate control lining
- Fixed cotton lining
- D30 shoulder and elbow protectors pre-fitted (CE compliance to EN1621-1:2012)
- Pocket for back protector (D30 bought separately)
- One chest pockets closed by flap and stud
- One jet chest pocket with zip
- Inside facing jet pocket
- Two side entry pockets with zips
- Internal storage pockets
- Diamond stitched overlay details
- Internal draw cord hem waist adjustment
- Jacket to jean connecting zipper
Part Number: MTP125/BLK